Back to school season has arrived, and that means before too long your kids will be bringing home their first set of grades.
Here are just a few ways your customers are grading your business online every day, according to Search Engine Watch:
- 82% of customers will leave your website if it takes longer than 3-6 seconds to load, or is hard to use.
- 73% of people lose trust in you when your business listings (address, phone number, hours of operation) are incorrect.
- 71% of people will research your location via their smartphone before driving to your location.
As a business owner, what grade would your always-connected customers give you for your Internet presence?
Get a Report Card for Your Business
Your first step: Request a free digital presence report for your business.
Our digital experts will scour the Web and give you a letter grade for the 4 most important aspects of your digital presence: your website, business listings, social media efforts, and customer reviews. After submitting your request, give our team 24 hours to create your report card, then reach out to talk with you one-on-one over the phone to review our findings.
Here’s what your presence report contains:
1. Social Media Presence
Social media has changed the way your customers find and interact with your business, more so than the telephone did back in the day. Is your business making the most of Facebook and other social channels to interact with current customers?
Grade A: 3X the industry average number of posts found, above average post interactions and new content posted per month.
B-C: Average number of posts and interactions found, and the average amount of new content per month.
D-F: Below industry average number of posts or interactions found.
2. Customer Reviews
Online reviews are the new word-of-mouth referral. Business review scores, sources, volume, and recency are important factors to increase your digital presence score.
Grade A: Above average review score, 2X industry average number of reviews, or the number of sources.
B-C: Industry average review score, plus the average number of reviews found, posted per month, or the number of sources.
D-F: Below average review score, number of reviews/sources.
3. Business Listings Health
Your digital business listings must be consistently correct, or you could be driving customers straight to your competitors – literally. Make sure your business name, address, GPS map pin, phone number, and business hours are correct across the most important directory websites and Google.
Grade A: Accurate listing with 100% of assigned points, present on all sources.
B-C: Mostly accurate listing with 60% of assigned points, at or above your industry average.
D-F: Inaccurate Listing with 20% of assigned points, below your industry average.
4. Website Checkup
Today’s shoppers will swing your digital door – visit your website – before they swing your physical doors to buy. Your website is your most important marketing tool. Your presence report shows areas for improvement. You must have a great website that’s fast, functions perfectly on the latest iPhone or Android device (mobile) as well as a desktop computer, and contains a clean and clear product, service and contact information.
Don’t wait until a customer gives you a failing grade. Get your free report to get detailed insights into the digital presence of your business and graduate with an A: be found online and drive sales!
- Your Website is Your New Front Door! How to Pick the Perfect Website Vendor - November 10, 2017
- Podcast: How MarTech Solves Click-to-Brick Marketing Challenges for Brands & Retailers - October 24, 2017
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Local Search Engine Ranking - October 20, 2017
- 3 Free Tools To Find Out How Customers Are Searching For You Online - October 17, 2017
- Data-Driven Tips for Crushing your 2018 Marketing Strategy - October 12, 2017
- Podcast: Brand-to-Local Marketing with Netsertive CEO, Brendan Morrissey - September 26, 2017
- How to Win the Race for New Customers - September 25, 2017
- Why Your Business Needs a Website - September 22, 2017
- “Alexa, tell me about CEDIA Expo 2017.” - September 20, 2017
- Start Today: 30 Days to Digital Marketing Success - September 11, 2017