Wherever your dealership is on the stay-at-home spectrum, it’s important to continue building your customer pipeline with an effective marketing strategy. The strategy that’s right for you depends on your circumstances, but rest assured that there is a marketing strategy for every circumstance.
Netsertive just released our 2020 Automotive Dealer Playbook. It has tips, tactics, and strategies dealerships can implement right now with little trouble. Whether you’re open and selling, only able to service cars, or closed completely, there’s a play for you.
Scenario 1: I’m Open and Selling Cars
If this is the case, it’s time to offer some incentive and promotions to get customers ready to buy a car with you. Although search traffic is down by about 25% in most markets, customers are still interested in buying cars. Your job is to make it as easy as possible to buy a car with you.
- Demonstrate your value to them with engaging search, display, and video ads that clearly communicate the benefits your dealership is offering.
- Use advertising to retarget to previous site visitors and remind them that you’re open and able to sell them a car in a way that works for them.
- Double down on certain keywords that customers are going for right now—namely around financing. Right now, buyers are on the hunt for specials and promotions around financing. If your dealership is offering them, make it known right away.
Scenario 2: I’m Open and Able to Service Cars
People are still actively servicing their cars and they want somewhere safe and efficient to do it for them. Customers on the fence about where to go for their service are likely going to choose an option that’s highly affordable, nearby, and offering drop-off/pick-up services.
- Tailor your keyword strategy to offer incentives that are going to get them on your website—and their vehicle into your service bay.
- Be sure that your keyword strategy is focused on the queries people are most likely to be searching for right now. Pair your dealership’s most popular models with keywords like “tires,” “oil change,” and “batteries.”
- Convert your customers while servicing their cars. If customers are coming into your dealership, or talking with you on the phone, now is the time to sell. Our full playbook has more details on how to do this—including phone scripts you can use with potential customers.
Scenario 3: I’m Completely Closed
You can still be proactive about your marketing strategy. By adjusting your strategy now, you can set your business up for an amazing comeback once the market reopens and customers start shopping again. Here’s what to do:
- Build brand awareness by crafting engaging ad campaigns on the most effective channels: search, display, and video.
- Focus on retargeting your advertising to keep your business top-of-mind with customers.
- Continue driving traffic to your website. Take this time to assess your digital presence and see if any improvements can be made to keep customers on your site for longer.
Want the Full Strategy? Check Out the Dealer Playbook
The above tips and tactics are just the tip of the iceberg. For the full rundown on how you can get tactical with your automotive dealership marketing right now, check out our full Auto Dealer Playbook. It includes strategies for every phase of the “stay-at-home” order, including free phone scripts for selling to customers during COVID-19.
Have additional marketing questions or need to speak to one of our specialists about your campaign? Reach out to us today.